Never Mind

Posted by: Tom,

Have you ever started telling a story and suddenly realized it has nothing to do with the current conversation? This probably only happens to me but when it happens there are only a few options. You can keep telling the story while feverishly trying to find a reason why it might be relevant. Or you might try to think of a way to turn the story, no matter how awkward the turn might be, in a direction that adds relevance.

I am going to start choosing a third option. Just stop right in the middle of the story and say, "Never mind." Sure it will be awkward but at least I won't be wasting your time, as well as my own.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com