Sick

Posted by: Tom,

I hardly ever get sick. Everyone in our house can be dealing with any number of evil viruses or bacteria and I usually just ignore them. No such luck this month.

It started 6 days before Christmas with a fever that reached 103.9 and wouldn't drop below 102.5 for 2 days. I told Kim I thought it was a probably an assassination attempt using some sort of radioactive poisoning or an evil plot by the cat trying to fulfill its life-long mission to eat me for lunch.

The fever slowly went down in the following days but I told Kim to keep an eye on the cat. By Sunday the fever was gone but I felt pretty washed out. Fortunately we had a Christmas program at Church so I didn't have to preach.

By Tuesday I had developed a cough so I had to change things up for the Christmas Eve service. Adam read my sermonette and Kim read the Christmas story. I did as little talking as possible and managed through.

The rest of the week the cough just got worse as a result of a sinus infection. By Saturday night I pretty much guessed that there was no way I was going to be able to preach so I called Larry and had him dust off a good one. Larry did a good job and I survived another Sunday.

The sinuses are slowly getting better, along with the cough, but I'm still not there yet. I'm trying to take it real easy and get lots of rest. I do better in the mornings but I still feel pretty miserable in the evenings. I do see a light at the end of the tunnel.

It is now 2013 and it looks like I will survive. I still don't trust the cat though.


2
I think you must have given this to my wife. Hey... how did that happen? And to top things off, MY cat is sitting beside me with this smug look on its face. Hmm...

Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Hope Jane gets feeling better.

And watch that cat.
 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com