Religion

Posted by: Tom,

I'm sure this has been pointed out many times before but it also happens to be one of my pet peeves. I hear a lot of talk today about how bad religion is. Jesus good, religion bad. Or "I love Jesus but hate religion." But it just isn't that simple.

James 1:26-27 "If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." (NIV84)

So there is good religion and bad religion. Let's not throw out the whole word. Let's practice good religion. Sometimes it is better to recover a word rather than throw it out just because of all the baggage it has accumulated over the years.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com