My Pleasure

Posted by: Tom,

Looking for a game to play next time you go out? Go order a meal at Chick-fil-a and see how many times you can get the staff to say "my pleasure." They have a policy (at least the franchise closest to us does) that staff respond that way any time a customer says thank you. So ask a lot of questions, say thank you a lot, and see what kind of total you can rack up.

The atmosphere created by their courtesy is great. Kim and I enjoy just sitting there counting how many times they say it. (Our dates are really boring.) I have to believe they develop a habit that stays with them when they leave work. Their families probably get tired of it.

The strange thing about it is you tend to relax in that kind of environment. I wonder how much rudeness contributes to our stress. I think when we are in an hostile environment we tend to spend a lot of energy being on guard. Our world could use a lot more politeness,


2
THANK YOU for this post, Tom. :)
My Pleasure. But that is the only one you'll get.
 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com