Leaving It Late

Posted by: Tom,

Well, it is November 24th, 35 degrees, and I just finished mowing the lawn. It was COOOOOOLLLLLDDDD out there. This is one of the latest lawn mowing dates for me in a long, long time and I hope I don't have to do that again for awhile.

I mowed a few weeks ago thinking that was the last time for the year. Then I watched as the grass became uncomfortably long due some mild weather. For about a week I kept debating whether I needed to mow again or not. It wasn't too long but I kept thinking about how much better it would look if I mowed. The yard had also caught quite a few leaves which is always a little frustrating since I don't have any trees. Then we got quite a bit of rain so it looked like I was going to have to let it go.

Today I looked out not very satisfied with the way it looked. It has been dry for the last few days so I decided to go for it. I even bagged the clippings and now I have a very satisfied feeling as I look out at my lawn. Not only that but the short grass doesn't catch leaves as easily so most of them just blow on by.

My dad used to like to paint because he could see the results of his labor. That isn't something that is always case for a pastor. I hate to paint but I think I understand what he was talking about as I look at the lawn.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com