A Movie That Matters

Posted by: Tom,

Kim and I went and saw the movie Bella the other night. I complained about it being a chick-flick just in case I hated it. I didn't. I thought it was great.

Kim cried through practically the whole thing. My story is that I never cried and I'm sticking to it. It's a movie that is easy to get wrapped up in and that makes it tug on the emotions.

I thought they did a great job dealing with some painful topics. I even ended up with a sense of understanding for a character that I didn't really like too much. Kim and I left debating the meaning of a few scenes where the viewer isn't sure what really happened or that were intentionally misleading. I suppose that's what the writers wanted. I think Kim had better instincts about those scenes.

In the end I left the theater wanting to live life no matter how painful it could get. It also made me painfully aware of how little I know about the stories of the people around me.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com