A Real Chick Flick

Posted by: Tom,

I took Kim to a real chick flick this afternoon. This was not one of those movies where a bunch of women drag their significant others to the theater and force them to watch it with them. This was a movie that only women go see.....plus me and the three other guys in the room. I'm quite sure I saw two of those guys pulled by a nose ring.

The movie was "Being Jane" about Jane Austin and I have to admit I actually wanted to see it. I thought they could have spent more time developing Jane's character as I thought what they did do in that regard was the best part of the film. The story is a bit too predictable but I suppose there is not much that can be done about that.

Overall I would give it 3 out of 5 stars. I enjoyed it and have no regrets spending the time and money to see it. But as I left the theater I kept thinking of things I wish they would have done that would have made it better. That's a sure sign that it falls short of stratospheric hit in my world.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com