Going The Distance

Posted by: Tom,

I admire people who are passionate enough about a cause to keep up the struggle over the long haul. I think that in most situations there are usually a couple of options that one can take that require less energy and focus and are therefore more attractive. But that doesn't neccessarily mean those options are best in the long run.

I feel this way about my denomination sometimes. There are moments when I feel highly energized to push for change. That's followed by times when I think it is better to simply follow along and not say anything. It's the easier path to take. It probably makes a lot of people happy too.

"The tension is here. I dare you to move," is how the song by Switchfoot goes. I hate being dared.


2
Anonymous said...
2:00 AM
Tom, its sad that you are quoting Switchfoot and not Larry Norman. He's still the best you know...
At least I won't be quoting Tamplin or TSO!
 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com