Busy

Posted by: Tom,

For the most part I don't believe in being busy. I agree with Peterson that business is often used to justify one's existence. "If I'm busy I must be doing a good job." Instead I try to spend my time doing what I think is most important for me as a pastor. That means basically studying Scripture, Prayer, being a husband and father, living life with my congregation and studying/reading scholars.

But I got caught being busy. I 've had a few crisis situations come up, I'm working ahead in my sermon schedule, I bought a new dishwasher that leaked after I installed it (not my fault and finally got it fixed yesterday), I am preparing for a soccer tournament and my taxes need to get done. Happy to say that things are much better now even though I still have the taxes staring me in the face. Right now the debate in my mnd is "extension or just do them." The taxes I mean.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com