Save the Earth, Get Rid of Your Mac

Posted by: Tom,

How many times have we heard a watchdog group rate companies only to hear said companies whine about being treated unfairly and "disagree with the report." What is shocking about a Greenpeace report is that the highest rated electronics firm in environmental friendliness is the Chinese company Lenovo who makes what we all knew as IBM Thinkpads. I think a lot of people perceive countries like China as places where companies can make a profit by not being environmentally friendly. Interesting that they come out on top in this case.

Just as surprising is Apple coming in last. Oh sure, they give their reasons but haven't we all heard that song and dance before? So save the earth and get rid of your Mac! At least one good about this is that I'm sure Steve Jobs has an army of marketing people working on a presentation for damage control even as I write this. Should be pretty cool as are most of his presentations.

I should also mention that I'm sure there are thousands of Mac users in Starbucks cafes around the world pounding out theories about incidental environmental damage caused by frustrated pc users. Many Mac users I know aren't aware that there are many pc users like me who rarely have a problem with their computers.


2
LOL - I imagine you have been waiting for Steve or me to responde LOL

Such a deep seated prejudice against Macs! Fwiw - Apple doesn't actually manufacture (any?) of their computers. They contract w/ other firms to manufacture to their specs. Many of those firms are in China, Tawain, etc. So are they responsible for those firms manufacturing processes . . . ?

Plus I'm sure you missed th Greenpeace report that points out how Apple is good for the environment -- they are so cool they single handedly are ending global warming :P
ooohhhhhh. So now you're telling me they use sweatshops. MMMMMMM

And yes, they are ethically responsible for how their contractors operate.

Actually I may own a Mac someday again. But right now I am lusting for a convertible tablet and though there is a company that converts a Mac into one it is way too expensive and voids the warranty.
 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com