Woke Up This Morning

Posted by: Tom,

High School Bands

I was talking with Adam the other day and we agreed that "Woke Up This Morning" would be the perfect name for most high school bands. I was asking about bands at his school and he said there really weren't any good ones. Apparently a lot of them don't have that much musical talent. To make matters worse they seem to despise the idea of doing covers and insist on doing their own original music. The result is a lot of really bad music with really bad lyrics, ninety percent of which begin with the phrase "Woke up this morning" or a variation there of.

Of course there are some great high school bands. My friend Dan has a son that had a good band when he was in high school. Come to think of it they did mostly covers too. And I have to give credit to the rest of them. At least they have managed to get organized, find people to play and spend a lot of time practicing.


Did I Really See That?

I went to the hospital the other day and saw something that I thought was ironic. Not far from the various hospital entrances they have designated smoking areas. I often see hospital employees and a few visitors in these areas. This trip to the hospital took me to an entrance that I don't usually use. What shocked me was that the designated smoking area was filled with surgical folks.

There they were all dressed up in their surgical scrubs. There were probably 8 or 9 of them standing around getting their nicotine fix before the next surgery. I don't know why it shocked me. I don't even think twice about most other medical people who smoke. But for some reason I thought surgical staff would be more health conscious. I have always thought that the best way to lose weight would be to work for a plastic surgeon who did liposuction everyday. Maybe I'll have to rethink that.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com