The End of a Great Season

Posted by: Tom,

I took two of my sons down to watch our local high school football team play in the state final. They play all the finals at the RCA Dome in Indianapolis which is just under two hours away. Unfortunately they lost a defensive struggle 7-0. Our team certainly had their chances but the other team was definitely the better team today. It was Bishop Chatard, a Catholic prep school in Indianapolis who is a regular fixture in the state finals. They made few mistakes, had decent line play on both sides of the ball and seemed to consistently picked up 3-5 yards every play on offense.

I feel bad for our team. They went into the game undefeated and we had a huge crowd there at the game. We must have outnumbered the Chatard fans 5-1. They must feel like they let down the whole community. I think most people were proud of them though. They sure should be.

After the game I took the boys to a restaurant that has tons of arcade type games. They had a blast playing games while I had fun watching people. I got a kick out of a husband and wife who were playing air hockey against each other. He was working really hard trying to score while she spent most of her time defending patiently. She won much to his chagrin.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com