Emotional and Intellectual Stimulation

Posted by: Tom,

I think conferences are usually either emotionally or intellectually stimulating and rarely both. I would also say that most seem to target the emotional side. How many times have you left a convention "all fired up?"

On the other hand, some conferences seem to target the intellectual side. You leave these not fired up but with your mind spinning. It takes several weeks to process what you have been exposed to and while it can be exciting I suppose I'm much more subdued than that.

I wonder if this is by design. I also wonder if the balance between the two plays a role in the longevity of the impact. Or maybe there shouldn't be a balance and planners should either go for one or the other. Maybe personality traits play a role in how a conference is perceived. Maybe one's emotional state at the time determines what is taken away fromthe conference.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com