I walk

Posted by: Tom,

I walk

I walk through people’s lives
I enter and pass through
I try to mind my manners
It’s not an easy thing to do.

Sometimes I take an easy gait
That’s born of familiarity
The comfortable steps I do enjoy
Too bad they’re such a rarity

Sometimes it’s stomp, stomp, stomp
I blunder in unaware
Totally lacking sophistication
I ruin a poignant air

Sometimes I run as fast as I can
Not wanting to stay long
It is only out of duty
I know in my heart it’s wrong

Sometimes on tip toe I do tread
For fear of setting off the thing
That’s ready to explode or worse
Give a final offering

Sometimes my steps are softly taken
The mood is right for it
I mingle about among the bruised
And even sit a bit.

I walk through people’s live quite often
And I pray to God as I tread
That I will learn which steps to take
As each situation’s read


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com