Still Sore

Posted by: Tom,

Last Friday our conference camp sent out a plea for help. An ice storm knocked down a ton of trees and branches and also wiped out the power. They wanted help with the clean up.

When I got the news I had mixed emotions. The last thing I wanted to do on Saturday morning was get up early and drive over there to work in the cold. But as the day went on the plan came together and early Saturday 9 of us headed over with chainsaws to lend a hand.

We put in 4 or 5 hours of work and then headed home. We knew we still had to get the church sidewalks cleaned off and we wanted to do it before dark. We got a lot done and there were still crews working there when we left so hopefully they made even more progress. I think it was good for the camp director to see people come and lend a hand.

As I expected my muscles ache more today than they did yesterday. It is just another reminder that I don't do enough physical labor any more. All in all it made for a hectic weekend but I think it was worth it.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com