Persecuted Christians

Posted by: Tom,

“There is a fine line between being persecuted for being a Christian and being persecuted for being a [jerk].”

I had to change the word in brackets so as not to offend anyone who might read this. Of course it may offend people anyway. The quote comes from an unnamed person who calls it one of his parables. I got it from Johnny Baker's website who used it as one of his worship tricks.

Anyway, back to the quote. Have you ever felt that way? Sometimes it seems “Christians” do some of the dumbest things and then wonder why people get upset with them. On the other hand, I have done plenty of stupid things myself so I don’t want to condemn stupidity. I guess what bothers me is that some Christians have a way of reducing very complex issues to a level of simplicity that doesn’t do the issue justice. In the process they act like jerks and take away the focus from Christians who truly are persecuted.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com