Expedition

Posted by: Tom,

Perhaps we need to talk more about church in terms of expedition instead of some of the other metaphors that draw attention to the individual. Some of the definitions for expedition fit nicely. 1 a : a journey or excursion undertaken for a specific purpose b : the group of persons making such a journey
2 : efficient promptness : SPEED
3 : a sending or setting forth (from Merriam Webster)


The part I like best is the thought about a group of people rather than a solo journey. As I think about famous expeditions I see a lot of great dynamics that are applicable to what I think we should be doing in the church.

Along with expedition I like the word navigation. I think there is something to helping each other navigate the rapids we face on our spiritual journey. Usually we need others to do so successfully.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com