Posted by: Tom,

I talk about passion a lot because I think it so important to how we live. I talk about a passionate relationship with Jesus Christ so much in my church that sometimes people joke about it which I don't mind.

I think passion is such a strong motivator. But passion does ebb and flow. Sometimes passion pushes me to speak out vigorously on things that ...well.. that I'm passionate about. But then there are times when I withdraw from the debate. Even though I am still passionate about the cause I just feel like being quiet.

I'm not sure exactly why. Perhaps it is a "lick the wounds" type of thing where I need to withdraw from the fight to a place of safety for healing. Or maybe it is a fatalistic response that concedes that I can never win the fight and so I attempt isolation instead. Or maybe it is a sense of hopelessness that senses that I will never be able to convince people to change and so I simply quit trying. Or, to be fair, maybe I realize that what I was fighting for was wrong and I need to put my tail between my legs and run for home.

I still like passion though! It's what makes me human rather than a machine.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com