Nook

Posted by: Tom,

Kim and I decided to buy a Nook Color for ourselves for Christmas. Yeah, just one to share. It was an agonizing decision deciding whether to buy a Kindle or pay $100 more for the Nook. But I was sceptical about the whole ebook thing anyway so I wanted something a bit more versatile.

So far I love this thing. I love reading on it. I like being able to set the text size and I really think I read faster with it. Maybe it has something to do with the page size. I turn the page sooner than I would in a dead tree book and that seems to keep me going. I was worried that reading a screen would give me a headache but I don't even notice.

I also like the web browser. I don't have a lot of experience with mobile web browsers but this has been fine. I also enjoy the extras like the crossword puzzles and the Soduku. I haven't messed with the music player yet but I'm not sure I will use it for that.

I do have some concerns. It definitely needs a memo app. It just seems obvious. You can write notes in books so I could put all my notes in one book as a work around. I am writing this post from my Nook so maybe I'll just set up a private blog dor notes. But then I have to be inwifi range for notes. A bunch of apps are promised soon so we will see.

I am also hoping the battery lasts. I am getting at least the 8 hours they promised but I use it a lot. Yeah, I know that since it is for Christmas I shouldn't be using it yet but I have to get in as many hours as possible under warranty you know. Kim is finishing up a paper book before she starts using it. I'm not sure how the sharing will work. She may need to get her own.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com