Sweeeeet

Posted by: Tom,

One of the best things about this time of year is sweet corn. I know I'll be sick of it in a few weeks but right now I just can't get enough. I've also noticed you have to be careful where you get it as some of it can be downright awful. Fortunately, some people in our church grow some of the best.

This summer my niece introduced me to elotes. This is corn-on-the-cob from the Hispanic community that comes with a variety of toppings (I think.). The one she showed me was corn-on-the-cob slathered with mayonnaise, rolled in cotija cheese, and sprinkled with chili powder. I fell in love with it. I get a lot of strange looks when I describe it around here but you just have to try it. I used finely graded queso cheese instead of cotija (I've got to get to a Mexican grocery) but I think I'll try Parmesan to see if is just as good.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com