The Evil Empire of Hannah Montana

Posted by: Tom,

Let me start by saying that this accusation is purely speculative and could be, and probably is, completely off base.

Kim and I stopped off at one of our local movie theaters to pick-up some tickets we had purchased for the U23D movie that was supposed to open tonight. "Let me get the manager," was the response we got from the nice lady at the ticket booth. A few minutes later, out pops a couple of sheepish looking managers.

They said that National Geographic, who distributes the film, had pushed back the release so the show was canceled for tonight. No explanation as to why. No explanation as to when it would open. They were nice enough to refund our money plus give us 4 free passes though.

But here is the rub. The theater only has one 3D projector. So what's playing there? The Hannah Montana Movie, and it is packing the place out like crazy. My cynical mind thinks that National Geographic and Disney got together and made a deal. The U23D site now says we'll get the movie on February 22. But my guess is that will only happen if the HMM starts to fade.

I think I'll go rip down the Hannah Montana poster in my daughter's bedroom now. Or maybe not. She'd be mad at me for months and sorry, but U2 just isn't worth that.


1
Anonymous said...
12:09 AM
Gahh!!! I hate hannah montana!
 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com