The Good Word

Posted by: Tom,

A group of us were having a discussion the other day when one guy ranted about benedictions in church. He was pointing out that benediction means "good word" and was lamenting that in his church, twice during the last four weeks, the last thing he heard was, "And don't forget to buy your tickets." I'm smiling even as I write this.

It did get me thinking about the power of words. I don't mean to turn into Peale but I think a lot of people need a good word. And yes, I am adding to the meaning a bit in that I think it should be a positive good word. There are too many people who struggle with depression now days. Maybe we need to work harder at making our good words really good.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com