Common Sense

Posted by: Tom,

I'm one of those people who like watching the early rounds of American Idol but never watch the rest of it. What is it about watching someone crash and burn on national TV that is so appealing? Anyway, since the good stuff is over I'm done with Idol for another year.

I do want to make a suggestion for anyone who wants to try Idol next year. Don't sing a song that is sung by a singer with a great voice. You'll pale in comparison. Pick a song made famous by Joe Cocker, Louis Armstrong or the like. I'm the first to admit that I think these two guys were masters of turning their voices into musical instruments. They had an artistic quality and depth that made them famous. But I think Idol wannabes would compare much more favorably than they would covering a more orthodox singer in the Idol format.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com