BS Detectors

Posted by: Tom,

I read a blog that linked to a blog that linked to a blog that linked to this. I wasn't as impressed as some commentors appeared to be but the one piece of advice I found interesting is that visitors to the US should not try to BS because Americans are very good at detecting it. If it is true, and I think it is, a lot of churches better take notice.

I think a lot of Christians BS when trying to convince non-Christians to join the fun. They make ridiculous claims about what life is like on their side and I think a lot of people see right through it. It brings our integrity into question and the conversation is over before it has even begun.

I actually believe the advice in the article is wrong. We are good at detecting BS because we are a nation of BSers. If a visitor wants to fit in they might as well give it a try. They just shouldn't be shocked when they are caught out. Wouldn't it be great if we were known as a society based on honesty and integrity instead?


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com