Living in the Sticks

Posted by: Tom,

I live in the sticks. Geographically I can get to the Fort Wayne city limits within ten minutes but geography no longer has anything to do with whether you live in the sticks or not. My problem is that the only way I can get high speed internet is by satellite. Therefore I live in the sticks.

Of course to add insult to injury my mom has DSL. How embarrassing. Now if I want to download something of any significant size I have to go running to her. I think she is plotting with my phone company (WHOSE EXCHANGE SITS JUST A BLOCK FROM MY HOUSE) to keep me from access just so I visit her more often.

The whole thing is this is just another example of how our world is changing away from being geographically based. Satellite, here I come.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com