A "Found" Poem and adapted from The Brothers Karamazov - Fyodor Dostoevsky

Posted by: Tom,

O for the humble soul of man
Worn out by grief and toil
And still more by everlasting injustice
And everlasting sin
His own and the world's
It is the greatest need and comfort
To find someone or something
Holy!
To fall down before
And Worship!


By way of explanation, a "found" poem is when you take something that exists as prose and turn it into poetry. I first learned about it from a book of poetry written like this by Annie Dillard. I claim no skill at poetry but I like the emphasis it gives certain pieces of writing and it helps me remember them. As for Dostoevsky, I am a big fan. I try to be reading at least one of his novels at all times.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com