Missio

Posted by: Tom,

Over the next couple of years I am going to be involved with a Missional Leadership Initiative with Reggie McNeal. It will involve three 3 day meetings each year with involvement in a cohort in the in between times. I got involved in it because I meet once a week with a couple of pastors in the area. They both belong to the denomination that is responsible for the whole thing. Dan, one of my friends I meet with, must be a big shot in his denom because he finagled an invitation for me even though I'm from a different tribe. Thanks again Dan.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. I have a lot of interest in the topic as a whole but right now I'm very interested in the spiritual formation component of it. I also think it is good timing for my church. The last 6 months have been the most difficult in the last 11 years and that has led to a lot of head scratching and soul searching. I'm hoping this will help me process some stuff.


1
Well how exciting! I'm very interested to find out what you learn/discover/etc...

I've got three of McNeal's books, they've been very helpful.
 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com