Nickel And Dimed

Posted by: Tom,

I know there is a whole list of things like this but I hate getting nickeled and dimed. Why do really nice hotels charge for high-speed internet while cheaper ones give it for free? I know that the cheaper ones use it to draw customers while the expensive ones figure it doesn't matter to their clients. But this is the age of big-discount hotel bookings via internet, after all, and some of us poor folk like to take advantage. All that internet fee does is irritate me and make me think the hotel is cheap... like me.

Okay, so I'm hypocritical. But it leaves a bad taste in my mouth anyway and is it really worth it? I mean if they're going to let us poor people stay there don't they want us raving about how great it is? I better quit before I get started on Barnes & Noble. These people need to realize that charging for access may look profitable to the balance sheet but it does more harm than good.

Now let me say a few words about insurance companies. On second thought, I better watch my blood pressure.

Ooooh, that rant felt good.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com