My Daughter's First Hair Cut

Posted by: Tom,

My daughter is 9 years old and had her first hair cut yesterday. She has actually had it trimmed about three times but that's it. She loved her long hair. Have you ever noticed that in all those children's movies the princess usually has long blond hair? That's what she wanted to be so she would never hear of getting it cut.

About a year or so ago my wife mentioned to her that some people cut their hair and give it to organizations who use it to make wigs for cancer patients. Apparently that stuck in her head and a few days ago she said she wanted to do that. So off she went yesterday and had about 16 inches cut off.

I kept staring at her last night. She just looks so different. So far she is thrilled because one of the Fort Wayne newspapers came to take her picture and she was on the front page this morning. I hope Locks of Love can put the hair to good use. And I hope Gabby continues to develop a heart willing to sacrifice things she cares about to help other people.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com