I Wish I Was a Guitar Player

Posted by: Tom,

I was watching a guy play guitar today on a video and got extremely jealous. I wish I was guitar player. Instead I'm just someone who plays guitar.

If you don't know the difference, I'm putting it in the same context of when I used to coach soccer. I had soccer players and people who played soccer. Soccer players live and breathe the sport. They are almost always good. People who play soccer also do tons of other things and aren't usually that good at soccer.

I learned to play guitar when I was in 7th grade in boarding school. My specialty is cheating, cutting corners and using bad technique to get the job done. (Whoever invented B and Bb should be shot.) I sincerely wish I would have been taught (and made) to play correctly.

In case you were wondering, that is why kids love metal. Loud (and distortion) covers a multitude of sins. Come to think of it, I was made for metal. Too bad I don't really care for it.

I love to play guitar. Especially by myself. I just wish I could make "beautiful" music with it.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com