To be uninspired

Posted by: Tom,

I ran across a curious phrase today, "the greatest of uninspired Jewish writers of old." Actually this phrase refers to an excellent writer that many no doubt find highly inspirational. But that is not the sense of the phrase. It is actually referring to Philo of Alexandria who may indeed have been inspired, just not by God. At least that is the orthodox view.

I got to thinking about that phrase and how easy it is to be excellent at something but not necessarily inspired by God. I might be able to become an excellent pastor. I may lead my church to astounding accomplishments. But if it is not ispired by God it is....

Now it is starting to sound similar to 1 Corinthians 13.

I think I'll seek some inspiration.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com