Paying Dues

Posted by: Tom,

As the son of a full-blooded Dutchmen I find that I hate paying for things. I am very willing to jump through hoops for free stuff. But alas, my favorite media resource, the ChurchMedia.Net, has become a subscription service. You can still read the forums which I think are great and I know the subscription is well worth the price. But it is just kind of sad to lose another free resource.

I'm actually amazed that it remained free for so long. I have to tip my hat to guys like Tim Eason who run sites like this. They do all they can to keep these sites running with their own resources. Everyone should realize that it is not sustainable without some form of revenue. I suppose I'll break down and buy a subscription someitme next week.

On a related note, I also use GIMP simply because it is free and I don't want to pay for photshop. But for the life of me I keep forgetting how to find my way around this quirky program. It seems like within a week after figuring something out I forget and have to start all over again. I guess that has to do with it not being as intuitive as it should be. That's the price I pay for free software. (huh?)


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com