My One and Only Post About The Election

Posted by: Tom,

I am still trying to catch up with the sleep I lost Tuesday night. I think the main reason I watch is because the commentators really struggle to stay on top of things over such a long period of time without a script. I remember late at night in 1996 when Clinton won that an old commentator at ABC(I can't remember who it was exactly.) just ripped into a short rant on how awful it was going to be to have him as president for another four years. Jennings was stunned and they quickly went to a break.

This year wasn't quite as dramatic but I was surprised at how cautious most of the networks were when it was clear that W was going to win Ohio. The facts were there but they still were hesitant. CBS was especially amusing after the W records gaffe.

The biggest goof I caught that night was when Larry King made a comment about how surprised he was that Kerry won Penn. by such a wide margin. The first reports from PA did show Kerry with a huge lead and he was projected as the winner very early. However, W steadily caught up throughout the night and apparently King wasn't paying attention. When he made his comment the PA race was actually closer than the Ohio race. It still is by the way.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com