Football

Posted by: Tom,

As a fan of the Detroit Lions and the Michigan Wolverines I know what it means to be frustrated beyond hope. (Actually, I am pleased with Michigan's progress. They actually beat ND in almost every offensive category except the score and, of course, turnovers. But it was a big improvement from the first two games.) But the frustration with my college and pro teams and the fact that my son is a participant has now turned my attention to high school football. I've never been much of a HS football fan and this year's version from our local school is not worth much attention. But I have enjoyed watching my son play.

This is his first year ever in football and along with being a sophomore he finds himself relegated to jv. It's good for him as he definitely needs the experience. He couldn't play in the first game because he missed too much practice do to illness. His second game he subbed in quite a bit and yesterday he started at defensive tackle and played on all but a few of the defensive plays.

He did well but it was interesting to watch the battle within the war. He and the opposing linemen seemed to be playing their own little game of wreaking mayhem on each other no matter what else was going on in the game. I was kind of glad his mother wasn't there because I'm not sure how she would have handled seeing her son in the brutal give and take.

In the end I'm not sure if he got more than he gave but he thoroughly enjoyed it in any case. That they came back to win the game in the closing seconds may have softened some of the blows. But for right now he can't wait to get back out there, and I can't wait to watch.


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com