Mission Work Trips as Theological Education

Posted by: Tom,

We are getting ready to start looking at another mission trip. We hope to do something a little more challenging this time. Something that will really stretch us.

As I was thinking about this I once again wondered about the value of these short term mission trips. As I thought about it I came to the conclusion that the number one purpose for us is the theological education of the participants. Surprised?

I think one of the most significant things that happens on a mission trip is that the participants are exposed to who they are in the story of the Kingdom. We find out we are not as important as we think we are. We also discover we are not as good at being Christian as we think we are. These are just two of many points of theology that we learn in a way that we just can't match anywhere else.

I wonder if there is any information on how to orient a mission work crew for these theological lessons?


 
photo

I'm Tom. I have a wonderful wife, 4 kids, a dog, and a cat. What more could a guy want.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com